Sunday 1 March 2009

Michealmas review - 2 the British weather and British pace

Before I came, many people told me the weather will be terrible: a lot of rain, cold, wet, cloudy, no sun shine...
After I arrived, I found the weather was pretty sunny. But still people warned me: it's because now is summer! When winter comes, the rain will last the whole month, umbrellas will be broken easily and the life will be miserable...

However, after five months' time, I found the weather is pretty nice. It rains, but seldom lasts longer than a half day. The sunny days were more than 1/3 of the time. When we just started complain the heaters are not warm enough the weather starts warm.

The British weather is much nicer than I thought while the British pace is much worse than I expected.

I set up a bank account before I came, however it still took me 2 weeks to get the card and use it: the card didn't arrive propperly to the branch; even after it arrived, I had to sign some file and then wait another week for the PIN. It also took me one and half month, four times' visiting to correct a billing address...

Similar things happened one after another. I found that if I don't expect anything in an efficient way I will live much happier here (all these can be done in several minutes when I was in Shanghai).

No comments: